Full-day workshops combining inspiring instruction with discovery of the environment.
I teach a writing process that begins with observation of the physical world around us, using drafting, sketching and hands-on work with found objects. Workshops are friendly and structured, with plenty of personal attention built-in and with time for sharing at the end.
If your group would like to structure the day around a particular place or theme, just let me know. I'll be pleased to design a workshop for you that fits with your ideas.
Half-day workshops for writing groups.
- Imagery: observation and invention
- Form: the sentence and the line
- Form: inventing with fixed forms
- Topics: outlook/inlook -- writing from the outside
- Topics: memory and autobiography
- Topics: revising for publication
For details, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the photos to learn about the workshops I teach.